Sunday, November 04, 2012

Happy Birthday Jack


Happy 14th Birthday Jack!  Every time I think I have this gig called life figured out, you remind me that life is a journey, not a destination.  For all you’ve given to enrich my life, I wouldn’t change a thing.  For all you’ve had to endure, I’d change everything.  You face the hardships of this life with unprecedented joy and grace and you challenge me to do the same.  To say you are my inspiration does not begin to express how profoundly you guide me in all that I do.  Thank you for the last 14 years, my son.  May this next year bring an abundance of good days and be filled with more smiles and less tears.
Love, Mom

2 comments:

Eric Fischer said...

Where would we be without children like Jack?
Congratulations to both Jack and his parents on such an important day. I wish for you all that each moment is as serene as it is deep, as knowledgeable as it is content.
Eric

Susan said...

Indeed it is a journey and not a destination. I think we must frequenly remind ourselves of that.

I wish Jack, you and your whole family exactly what you said: an abundance of good days filled with more smiles and less tears. Amen to that.