Monday, September 12, 2011

A Video: Life With CMD

The Chairwoman and founder of Cure CMD, Anne Rutkowski, recently participated in a video with her daughter where she talks about life with a child with CMD.  Her daughter is about the same age as Jack, has the same subtype of CMD as Jack and, like Jack, her daughter has cognitive impairments that affect her ability to communicate. Anne made several points in this video that really resonate with me - which I'll share more about in my next post.  Anne is an emergency room doctor and one of the brightest people I know. When she talks congenital muscular dystrophy - she uses big words and talks way over my head!  The thing I liked about this video is that it's Anne the mom, not the doctor, the advocate or the trailblazer that she is.  The video is almost 7 minutes long, but, hopefully some of you will take the time to watch it.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a powerful and moving video. Amazing.
Kristy

worthy said...

Wonderful video Ann, very moving.