Sunday, February 20, 2011

Final Resting Place

A few weeks ago, my sister called to tell me my mom's headstone came in and was placed at her gravesite. I've only been out to the cemetery once since my mom died and it wasn't too difficult because her grave wasn't marked, so who knew if I was even looking at right spot in the ground.  Today was a little harder because it was all right there in black in white ...



It sort of takes your breath away.  My dad jokes and says that we are good to go now, all we have to do is throw him in there with my mom.  Let's just hope it's not anytime in the near future! Did I mention that my sisters and I are going to Ireland this summer with my dad? We are taking a couple of our kids with us and we'll be there for about ten days.  After my sisters and I head home, the grandkids and their grandfather will spend an extra week traveling Ireland together.  Should be a memorable summer for all of us.

I am working on a book review post for the three books I've read over the last two weeks. I had hoped to have it finished for tonight's post, but I went to my sister's tonight for dinner and after a few sangrias, my brain isn't in any condition to compose a meaningful post. But tomorrow .... I promise!

The three books I've read are:

-The Four Walls of my Freedom by Donna Thomson
-When Bad Things Happen to Good People by Harold S. Kushner
- The Essence of Happiness by the Dalai Lama and Howard C. Cutler, M.D.

Stay tuned and thanks for checking in!

3 comments:

CS said...

Grief hits in weird ways, eh? I hope the next time you visit, it's not so hard-hitting. I think Ireland will be therapeutic for all of you. Nothing like Guinness and family. ;) And I can't wait to hear your take on the books. I still haven't gotten through Bad Things/Good People. At this point I don't really care as to the why and only want to say stuff it. But I LURVE Essence of Happiness-I think if I had tried to read the Art of Happiness I would have been overwhelmed but the snippets were perfect for me. Pg 180 is my favorite.

worthy said...

It sort of really hits home when you get the headstone doesnt it ((HUGS)). The trip to Ireland sounds wonderful, very relaxing. Looking forward to reading your book reviews, I struggle to make time to read these days

http://sassandfrasscrafts.blogspot.com/ said...

That must have been hard to see it right in front of you like that. xoxox I think that is so awesome that you are going to Ireland with your dad. I love the fact that the kids are going to hang with him for some extra time.
Tess