Sunday, December 19, 2010

Little Drummer Boy

Call us crazy, but we signed Eric up for drum lessons!  At his first lesson, he was very intrigued with all the different drums, asked a lot of questions and breezed his way through the first seven pages of drum music.  (The year of piano lessons really helped.)

Here is the little drummer boy showing off his sticks after his first lesson ...





Here is the little drummer boy today ....





sick with the flu.  It really wiped him out - he slept ALL day today! Here's hoping it doesn't spread through the house or it could make for a very unpleasant Christmas Day. 

"T" minus 6 days and I still have way too much Christmas shopping to do.  I'm done with the kids, but I still have Mark and people outside of the immediate family to buy for. I didn't get a darn thing done this weekend (what the hell was I thinking?)  I'm hoping by putting it off until the weekday evenings, the crowds might be lighter.  You think?  

Wishing you all a stress-free and healthy week topped off with a very, merry Christmas! 

5 comments:

Cindy said...

You are crazy! ;-)

worthy said...

Hope Eric is better soon and no one else catches it!!

Susan said...

I signed Evie up for violin this year. Eeee ehhh eeeee. Like nails on a chalkboard. Or the banging of drums I don't know what's worse. Crazy, maybe. But a musician has to start somewhere right?

I hope Eric's feeling better by Christmas and you get all you shopping done. I'm kind of in the same boat with the shopping. I think some people will be getting gift cards.

Anonymous said...

Hope Eric is better soon. He looks pretty tough. Poor boy!

Sandra

bettyd said...

I hope the flu bug stopped with Eric! I commend you for getting him into band. Many schools around my area require band/chorus/orchestra starting in grade 4 until middle school.

I happen to be in band from grade 4-12 and it was what made HS better for me!

Merry Christmas!