Sunday, August 15, 2010

One of Our More Exciting Sundays

Today goes down as one of our more exciting Sundays.  *Yawn*

Mark and I, together (which is totally unusual) cleaned out and organized our linen cabinet.  I found the 50 pillow cases I knew I had but could never find.  It's amazing how much stuff you can shove into the bowels of a linen cabinet and never find ... until you pull every.single.item out of the cabinet.  We've been married almost 21 years, lived in no less than five houses and changed kids' bedroom decor at least 10 times.  We have a lot of linens.

Goodwill now has a lot of linens.

After that, I spent an hour (yes, an hour) cleaning the lint out of the lint screen area of the dryer.  That was almost more fun than I could stand.

After that, I took a nap because after walking 7 miles in 100 degree weather at the crack of dawn, organizing the linen cabinet and cleaning out the dryer lint .... I pretty much had the life sucked out of me.

After I woke up, I mopped floors.

Bet your Sunday wasn't as much fun as mine!


Have a great week and remember ~


Kind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless
Mother Teresa

3 comments:

Christina said...

As fun as 13 hours in the ER :(
I dread cleaning out under the stairs myself. But my linen closet is bare apperently, my friends laugh at the state of my two fitted patch work sheets! The kids have quite the assortment!

Ms. Crabass said...

Patchwork sheets are the new thing, Christina!

Ann, we don't even have a linen closet. In the past couple of years I inherited my two grandmothers' and my great-aunt's linens- gingham bright yellows and peaches...all in 3 large black garbage bags in the basement. I'm wondering which ones are old-lady chic enough to actually be cool. My regular linens are on our linen shelf above the bathroom door. Yay, it's fun trying to get up there when you're naked and drenched.

High five on the organization!

worthy said...

urgh, hate cleaning the lint out of the dryer!!! John usually does it - I always forget!