Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving





Eric shared his Thanksgiving letter with us today.  I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried:

Dear Family,


I love you.  First of all, I can't believe Mary is only 16 and has a job! For dad, why doesn't Hilery have her drivers license yet? She's 18 for petes sake!  Okay, I'm getting a little carried away here.  But anyway I love you all!  By the way, Dad I'm surprised how strange you act.  But, I like you anyway.  Does the dog still not like me? Well, this is for the dog [insert picture of person sticking out tongue].  Sorry. I don't think that is appropriate.  I am thankful for how hilarious my family is even if the dog doesn't like me.


Sincerely,
Eric


P.S. I am thankful for God, the land, food and most importantly, my family.


******************


We certainly never want for a good laugh around here with Eric.  I'm not sure if there's any significance to the fact that he failed to mention me and Jack by name.  Maybe that's a good thing :)

This is my fourth Thanksgiving in blogdom.  Wow! I never imagined or intended to blog this many years.  A heartfelt "thanks" to all of my readers who have been following along all these years.  Wishing each and every one of you a Thanksgiving filled with love and laughter.

P.S. If you plan to order one of The Willow Tree Foundation necklaces or keychains as a Christmas gift (and I'd sure love it if you did), please get your orders in soon because I have to order them from the designer, I don't have a supply on hand.  Thanks!




5 comments:

Unknown said...

That Eric is a card! What a kid!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

The Marini's said...

happy thanksgiving ann!!!!

worthy said...

I love reading your Eric'isms! they are so funny.
Happy thanksgiving to all your family xx

Anonymous said...

OMG that kid is hilarious. I think you have a future blogger on your hands. I would read it for sure. What a great kid. It certainly sounds like hsi family means a lot to him.
Love,
tess

Cindy said...

Eric is so much fun! I bet the thanksgiving assignment was to write what you are thankful for. He finally got to that in the "P.S." And yes, the fact that you and Jack are not mentioned is probably a good thing...