Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas in the Jungle

It's been a (somewhat) relaxing and very enjoyable four day weekend. I retired the Fall decorations in Jack's room and replaced them with a whole lot of Christmas. I added more lights this year and his room looks really cool - especially at night with the lights off (except for the Christmas lights). Jack loves it!








The icicle lights are very cool, although you can't really tell in this picture. I need to get some pictures at night for you to really appreciate the effect



Eric and I got up early this morning and headed out on a road trip to the Boyce Thompson Arboretum - located about an hour East of where we live.  It was nice mom and Eric time.



Eric has the posing for pictures down pat.  He kept stopping and telling me to take his picture :)






The many different types of vegetation in one place was remarkable



Hiking along the trail



AND,
my absolute favorite.  He looks so sweet! (and he really can be on occasion)



Have a great week y'all!

8 comments:

worthy said...

I love Jack's room, you've done a wonderful job with it, I bet he really enjoys it. Love your pics of Eric, it's nice that he got at little time alone with mom!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!! Can you come decorate my house? Jack's room looks amazing. As usual, Eric looks adorable!
Kristy

Susan said...

Jack's room looks great. I can imagine it's magical at night with all the lights.

Glad you had a nice outing with Eric too. It's nice to have one-on-one time with each kid every now and then.

Christy said...

Love Jack's room. And I love that you have hiking trails like that. Totally awesome and I'm so glad that you make the time to go enjoy them.

Hike on!

Anonymous said...

Jacks room looks awesome. I love it. Eric is such a cutie.
Love,
Tess

Anonymous said...

Jacks room looks great Ann.
That Eric is a cute kid.
Love,
Tess

Anonymous said...

oops

Ann said...

Tess, you are too cute!