Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's All About Eric

My new camera arrived today (Canon Rebel Xsi). I'm hoping to be able to get crisper, clearer pictures and more action shots. I have a lot to learn to use it to its full potential, but I started tonight at Eric's soccer practice. It took me a while to figure out how to get action shots that aren't blurry. It probably would help if I took the time to read the manual that comes with the camera - you think?

Tonight, it's all about Eric:





After practice, working on homework.



A few Eric-isms I've jotted down over the last few weeks:

Mom, what happens if you take electricity and mix it with lava?

(Looks like we won't have to worry about ideas come science project time. And, no - I didn't have an answer to his question :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~

Eric: Does bologna have fat it in?
Mom: Why?
Eric: Because I don't want to look like dad when I grow up.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Mary trying to have a conversation with Eric:


Mary, leave me alone . . . I have a life!

~~~~~~~~~~~


Tonight we had parent-teacher conferences. Eric's teacher told us that he needs to work on being more focused when working on in-class assignments. He's easily distracted and doesn't always finish his work. I think the problem is that he IS the distractor. Always the talker, always the entertainer!

When I mentioned this to Eric, his response:


I will not be rushed. I always take my time and follow my thoughts.

*************
Ta Ta for now -I've got a kid puking (love this time of the year); a kid who needs a bath (and who is zonked out on the couch) and a kid who needs a breathing treatment, vest, cough assist and lots of suctioning because he is getting sick too. (the timing of which scares me -- we are leaving for St. Louis in less than two weeks).

And the beat goes on ..........





I think that bath will have to wait until tomorrow morning.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That soccer certainly tires a guy out! Love the Eric-isms as always. Hope you got to bed the right side of midnight! xxx

Faith said...

Can we say....soccer mom? ;) j/k only in AZ would a child's soccer game be played at night...

Eric is a riot...the free thinker never falls far from the tree, eh?

Thanks for making us smile.
Jen

PS: We hope everyone in the schrooten household feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

That Eric will keep you young Ann. He is funny and cute too.
Take it from me and read the manual on your camera you will be glad that you did in the end.
Tess

Anonymous said...

Eric is such a card! Laughing does help all that stress we get...the study said so anyway!

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend. I enjoy checking in on your family from time to time. Your sense of humor and perserverance are incredible! Stay strong. Good luck with your St. Louis trip.

Sarah said...

I just LOVE Eric. He's so funny! What time is his practice? It seems really late. And then homework? Goodness! Who had the stomach flu? Hugs to everyone!

Ann said...

Sarah - Eric's soccer is from 6:30-7:30pm (it's still in the 100s here). As for the homework, my husband picks Eric up from school at 3:00pm. Do you think he would help Eric get his homework finished in the 3 hours before soccer? NO! (don't get me started on this). So, it's homework after soccer.

Hilary was the one sick with the stomach flu, but she was better the next day. So far, everyone else is fine. Mary is afraid that she'll get "hit" the day they are supposed to fly out to St. Louis. Let's hope not.

As for Mr. Jack --- he's been much better the last few days. I'm giving him more breathing treatments and drugging him with Benadryl :-) So far .... so good!

Thanks for asking and have a great weekend my friend.

Faith said...

Ann! I've been drugging Faith with Benadryl all week! Now I don't feel so bad! ;)