Friday, August 17, 2007

Happy Friday!

It's been another week of "red" days and emails from the teacher. Eventually Eric will figure it out, especially when every bug, bug book and piece of lego has been confiscated. His favorite line is "But, I tried my best." I told him to quit trying and just do it! Then I realized I sounded just like my father. Scary!

Jack has been under the weather a bit this week, running a fever on and off and looking pretty pathetic at times. His sats are fine - which is always my biggest worry. I suspect his teacher or therapist brought something into the house from the kids at school they work with. I guess it's time for a not-so-subtle reminder that they must wash their hands upon entering our house. We saw the orthopedic surgeon this week and everything looks great. Jack's St. Louis ortho pleaded for a copy of Jack's x-ray (we haven't been so good about keeping him in the loop), so I got a copy of Monday's x-ray and sent it off to him. I know it really bugs him that he hasn't seen Jack for follow-up. Before surgery I asked him what his "mandatory" follow-up times were after surgery and he said 6 weeks and 1 year. Oh well! If he was a likeable guy, I'm sure I would have made more of an effort to get Jack back to St. Louis, at least one year post-op.

The side effects of radiation/chemo have finally caught up with my mom and it's time to go wig shopping. Other than the hair loss and overall feeling of blah, my mom seems to be tolerating the treatment well. She should be getting an MRI in the next week or two and that will tell us much.

That's the update from here. Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Eric will settle down soon - do you think maybe he's trying to see how far he can go??
Sorry to hear Jack is under the weather, hope he kicks whatever it is soon.
Good to hear your mom is coping, despite the hair loss - but then, she would cope well - you are both from the same mould.
((((HUGS))))
have a good weekend
Juliex

Anonymous said...

Your Eric stories make me laugh--though I'm not his mama! I hope he figures out what to do soon. Sorry Jack is sick. It is always funny to me that you have to remind the therapists to wash their hands so often--you'd think they'd remember!! I know you are anxious about your mom's next tests. I will be saying prayers for you.

Anonymous said...

You know the Yoda saying-"There is no try. Do or do not." Maybe a cool poster of him might be a good reminder? I mean, what kid can resist Yoda?

Im sorry to hear Happy, Handsome Jack is feeling bad. Im ready to see some more photos of his fabulous smile.

Have a great, uneventful weekend. Hugs from Deb and Allison