Sunday, May 20, 2007

Graduation Act II

I'm home after several fun days in NJ/NYC. My only complaint ... it was COLD! Other than that, it was a great time. I only wish my entire family could have been there to enjoy it with me. My sister and I went into New York City on Friday and did a little sightseeing. I also had a nice visit with my friend Carrie, who drove up from South Jersey to see me. Thanks Carrie!

My sister's graduation ceremony was on Saturday. I'm very proud of my sister. She worked very hard to earn her MBA from Columbia University. My sister married young, had kids young and still managed to work her way up the corporate ladder at Amercian Express over the last 17 years. She has done very well and she has accomplished much. Congrats Maureen!


Very happy to be done with school!


We went to St. Patrick's Cathedral in the City and I lit a candle and said a prayer to St. Jude - the Patron Saint for hopeless causes (can't hurt to ask, right?)


Eric had his pre-school graduation on Friday - which, of course, I was unable to attend. Mark and Mary went and enjoyed the little skit put on by the kids. (Before you nominate me for the bad mommy of the year award, I made my plane reservations for New Jersey before I knew he even had a pre-school graduation.) The little boys had to decorate their ties with things that they liked. Any guess as to what Eric decorated his tie with? (those would be bugs!)


Jack is happy to see his mommy.



Thank you all for your nice comments about Mary. She read all the comments and they meant alot to her. She's on a bus heading to Disneyland as I type this. I remember the days of taking the bus to Disneyland with my classmates. Some things never change. She's due back home Tuesday around midnight.

Have a great week everyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great new pictures. Jack looks as happy as can be to be gazing at his wonderful mommy! I'm glad you had a good trip!

Anonymous said...

So glad that you had fun. You and your sister look so much alike. Congrats to her and to Eric as well. Preschool is a big deal. Love the tie buddy. Bugs rule.
Love,
Tess

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have had quite a week, woman!

In this life, I've found energy to be a premium. I simply run out of energy to fight with people. Not that I give up, I just usually find a way AROUND people. Life is too short and full of lots of usless ways to spend your energy, like calling UHC...Apria...etc....

Glad you had a good week otherwise!