Friday, December 15, 2006

The Lists

It's a little over a week before Christmas and I just looked over my kids' Christmas lists last night. Oh, what happened to Barbie dolls, play houses and bicycles? Now it's Wiis, iPods, cell phones and clothes. Ah, but there is that little boy of mine whose only request is a "bug collection" (which no doubt will be the most difficult gift to find!) Then there's Jack ... no list, no requests. A child who only gives each and every day ... through his smile, his sparkling eyes and his simplicity. A child who's on top of the world just to be sitting in his wheelchair. How interesting it is to experience the Season through the eyes of four unique little persons, who are at such different places in life.

We have so much to do this weekend to get ready for the 8 extra people who will be staying with us for Christmas. There's cleaning to do, cookies to bake, shopping to complete, packages to wrap ... and a whole lot more.

Enjoy your weekend ... I know I will!

Happy Hanukkah to my friends who celebrate this "Festival of Lights" holiday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've only got one list - from James - and being 10 now, there's no 'Dear Santa, I've been a good boy this year' Instead its 'For Christmas this year I want .... thank you'
Like Jack, Sam doesn't ask for anything, in fact, he's usually overwhelmed by it all, not interested at all in ripping off paper, he justs waits patiently for someone to open his presents for him. Santa is coming into school on Tuesday - Sam wasn't impressed last year, so I hope he feels a bit better this time - if not, we'll just make a quick exit at that point.

Anonymous said...

Oh Ann, you make me cry almost every time I read Jack's blog!!

Anonymous said...

Ann,
Sounds like you are gearing up for a great holiday!! Enjoy all the beautiful craziness!

Merry Christmas to all,
With love,
Kathy