Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thanksgiving

A heartfelt thanks to all my wonderful and supportive friends who are always there ... standing by. You mean the world to me.

** To my sisters, this includes you. :-)


The Friend Who Just Stands By

When troubles come your soul to try,
You love the friend who just stands by.
Perhaps there's nothing she can do,
The thing is strictly up to you.

For there are troubles all your own,
And paths the soul must tread alone.
Times when love can't smooth the road,
Nor friendship lift the heavy load.

But just to feel you have a friend,
Who will stand by until the end.
Whose sympathy through all endures,
Whose warm handclasp is always yours.

It helps somehow to pull you through,
Although there's nothing she can do.
And so with fervent heart we cry,
God Bless the friend who just stands by.
- Author Unknown

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boo hoo!! I love you girlfriend and I'm very thankful for you :)

Anne aka ME

Anonymous said...

Thanksgiving is not celebrated in the uk, but that doesn't stop me from wishing you, my friend, Ann and all your family a very happy thanksgiving. May you have a restful weekend. Thanks for the lovely words.

Julie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your posts! Congrats to your girls on their dance wins! I hope you get some answers soon from SLCH on Jack's back and getting him up again. I know you are all very ready to have him able to be sitting up! Have a great day tomorrow:)

Anonymous said...

Great poem! I don't know what I'd have done without you and the trach board these past few years. It is really something to be understood and have friends.

Love ya!