Thursday, July 20, 2006

Hospital Cheat Sheet

My friend Erin and her daughter, Sara came over last night to visit with Jack (and me) before we leave for St. Louis. Erin put together a Hospital Cheat Sheet with common phrases for dealing with medical professionals. It is a classic and gave me a much needed laugh. Here are a few of the phrases I may need to use in the next 3 weeks:

1. No!
2. Can we go yet?
3. Is it supposed to look like that?
4. Do I look that stupid?
5. I am not YOUR mother.
6. How old are you?
7. Who are you?
8. Yes, I know how to suction.
9. When can we leave?

and if all else fails ......

10. I am an attorney! *

Thanks Erin!
* to all my doctor friends who are reading this, you know that I would never actually use this line. :-)

Those of you who know me, know that hospitals and I don't mix well. It's so difficult to turn over Jack's care to other people -- even though the majority of them (at St. Louis Children's Hospital) are excellent. But, I know there will be some challenging times in the weeks to come. Pray that I have patience and think twice before I speak!

No comments: